Kaduna State government says the news report in circulation alleging that the State government has suspended the resumption of schools across the state until further notice is fake news.
A statement by the State Commissioner for Education, Dr Shehu Usman Mohammed says the purported report attributed to the Governor Nasiru El-Rufai stated that while addressing a stakeholders’ meeting on Monday, due to the ongoing aggressive military operation against bandits in most parts of the state.
Dr Shehu Mohammed explained that, the information was false and lack any basis as the Governor was neither in a meeting with stakeholders nor made any disclosure of such nature to anyone.
“It would be recalled that, the Ministry had earlier stated in a release on the 15th of July 2021 that schools will be closed for three (3) weeks, after the closure for the 2nd term holiday beginning from the 16th of July 2021, to enable the state review the 2020/2021 Academic Calendar so that normal school activities can continue afterward”
“The state’s stance on that has not changed”
The Commissioner urged members of the public to disregard the fake news report and warned those behind the heinous act of misinforming the public to desist from it or be prepared to face the wrath of the law.