Armed men have killed around 100 people in an attack on a village in the north of Burkina Faso, President Roch Kabore has said.

During the overnight raid on Solhan, homes and the market were also burned.

No group has said it was behind the violence.

President Kabore has declared three days of National mourning saying, in a tweet, that “we must stand united against the forces of evil”

The security forces are currently looking for the perpetrators, he added.

In another attack on Friday night, 14 people were reported to have been killed in the village of Tadaryat, about 150km (93 miles) to the north of Solhan.

Last month, 30 people died in an attack in the east of Burkina Faso.

The country is facing a deepening security crisis, like many of its neighbours, as armed groups carry out raids and kidnappings across much of the region.